This is the first community advisory group established by Provincial Language Services. We look forward to working closely with members of the Deaf, Deaf-Blind and Hard of Hearing community advisory group to improve equitable access to health care services for Deaf, Deaf-Blind and Hard of Hearing patients across British Columbia.
Currently, our Community Advisory Group members are:
- Craig MacLean (Deaf-Blind)
- Dan Braun (Deaf, Lower Mainland)
- Gordon Rattray (Hard of Hearing, Interior)
- Leanor Vlug (Deaf and Senior Citizen)
- Monika Lane (Deaf, Vancouver Island)
- Paula Wesley (Indigenous, Deaf)
- Sarah Taylor (Deaf, Lower Mainland)
- Northern - Vacant
- LGBTQ+, POC or Youth - Vacant
Community Advisory Group members are not representatives of specific groups or areas, but rather, as members of different groups or regions, they offer their perspectives, world views and experiences.
If there is a vacancy, and you are interested in becoming a Community Advisory Group member, please review the criteria.
If you are interested in joining the Community Advisory Group, please contact Provincial Language Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.