Inspire and unite specialized teams to create a healthier province for all.
Boldly create an equitable, anti-racist and culturally safe health system where everyone thrives.
- Compassion: We show empathy, care and compassion to those we serve and to one another. We believe that simple acts of kindness matter.
- Respect: We honour the value and dignity of all individuals. We treat others the way they wish to be treated.
- Equity: We recognize the advantages and disadvantages experienced by patients, families, caregivers, staff and communities. We strive to create just, equitable health systems and structures that continuously provide fair outcomes.
- Courage: We are fearless in doing the right thing. We support each other in respectfully saying and doing hard things, including truth-telling. We call out colonialist practices that must be replaced to build an effective health system.
- Innovation: We strive for province-wide solutions by embracing partnerships and teamwork. We listen, share knowledge and welcome opportunities to learn and grow.
Learn more about the Coast Salish teachings gifted to PHSA by Knowledge Keeper, Sulksun, Shane Pointe.
- Thee eat “Truth”
- Eyhh slaxin “Good medicine”
- Nuts a maht “We are one”
- Whax hooks in shqwalowin “Open your hearts and your minds”
- Kwum kwum stun shqwalowin “Make up your mind to be strong”
- Tee ma thit “Do your best”