Contracting with Provincial Language Services is more than just a job. It is about providing the highest quality services to patients.
As a program of BC’s largest employers, PHSA, with province-wide programs, services and operations, there are vast opportunities to make a difference every day. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and, most importantly, a life-changing career.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resumé to the Provincial Language Services - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Per the current Public Health Order, complete vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
- Certification/accreditation from a recognized post-secondary institution or professional membership body, such as the Society of Translators and Interpreters of BC (STIBC) or another CTTIC member
- Post-secondary equivalent to a degree in interpreting/translation and/or a minimum of 60 hours of interpreting training completed
- Fluency in English and an additional spoken language or languages
- Interpreting experience
- Willing to provide a criminal record report
- WorkSafe BC coverage
Requirements: (one of the following)
- Certified as translator through a Canadian translation accrediting body or equivalent body; or
- Bachelor's degree in a language-related program and have completed at least 30 translation projects in the past three years.
Provincial Language Services engages other language professionals on a contract and as-needed basis. These include bilingual desktop publishers, graphic designers and voice-over talents. To be considered for future contracts, please email a cover letter and your resumé.