With approximately 1,500 employees located across the province, BC's Provincial Health Care Supply Chain is responsible for the sourcing, purchasing and logistics of health care and related products for BC's acute care and clinical sites.
Supply Chain's Provincial Logistics team manages ordering, warehousing and distribution of all items for the province, including logistics and replenishment support in almost all hospitals across the province. Supply Chain ships over 350,000 units of product every day to health care sites within BC. Supply Chain has warehouses in most major centres, plus has staff in hospitals to ensure product is readily available for our front line teams. Provincial Logistics is responsible for managing over 10,000 items stocked in warehouses across BC plus order management of over 100,000 additional products that support healthcare across the province.
Supply Chain's Procurement team is responsible for over 3,000 active contracts and manages a total spend of approximately $10B under contract. This team works with suppliers and front line staff to ensure the right items are procured and available for all procedures, surgeries, and support activities for health care. This team is supported by a Clinical Support group of professional practice leaders using their expertise to liaise with health authorities to ensure professional quality selection of items that are procured and used in BC's health system each and every day.
Supply Chain's Strategic Operations team builds stakeholder relationships and provides customer service to each health authority, leads a project management team for supply chain modernization initiatives underway, and manages various systems and reports to ensure the required results are delivered to our province.
BC's integrated provincial supply chain model combines centralized and decentralized business functions, always recognizing the needs of the local regions. Supply Chain has regional branch offices in each health authority to ensure local presence and attention to each authority's needs.
Lis Anderson, Chief Procurement Officer
- Pierre Olivier, Senior Director, Commercial Contracts Office
- Darren Gray, Provincial Director, Category Management and Procurement
- Allison Kirkwood, Director, Category Management – Pharmacy
- Michelle Grant, Director, Category Management – ASI, Ortho, Continuing Health
- Neil Maharaj, Director, Category Management - Labs, Cardiac, Major Equipment
- Neil Maharaj, Director, Supplier Relations
- Nishant Shilu, Director, Category Management – Corporate Services, IMIT, Consulting
- Berna Marcelino, Provincial Director, Clinical Support
Greg Stalker, Chief Supply Chain Officer
- Ian Mackenzie, Executive Director, Warehousing and Logistics
- Kim Benham, Senior Director, Warehousing and Distribution
- Kelly Mackenzie, Senior Director, In Hospital Replenishment
- Bal Dhillon, Director, Inventory and Order Management
- David Loukras, Senior Executive Director, Strategic Operations
- Kevin McKinnon, Provincial Director, Customer Relations
- Kevin Kearns, Director, Project Management
Visit the Supply Chain Contact page.
1Support Services' projected contract savings are estimated based on current and future pricing for a defined historical volume. Actual achievement of savings is reliant on the BC health authorities’ use of contracts.