Perinatal Services BC works to improve the capacity and processes of provincial perinatal services.
Perinatal Services BC (PSBC) provides leadership, support, and coordination for the strategic planning of perinatal services in British Columbia in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, health authorities and other key stakeholders. Perinatal Services BC is the central source in the province for evidence-based perinatal information.
PSBC uses a client-centric, population health approach in supporting perinatal services across the province and as the basis for its shared mandate with partners and stakeholders.
Our key responsibilities include:
- improving health outcomes of pregnant women and newborns;
- developing evidence-based policies, practice standards and guidelines, and forms for health-care providers;
- providing training and education to health-care providers in areas such as breastfeeding, neonatal resuscitation, and fetal health surveillance;
- implementing prenatal and newborn screening programs;
- collecting and monitoring data for surveillance and using that data to inform and evaluate programs; and
- improving planning within the perinatal health-care system.
|3rd Floor West Tower, 555 West 12th Ave.||Vancouver||British Columbia||V5Z 3X7firstname.lastname@example.org||604-872-1987||0|