A language service that reduces language barriers and enables access to information, optimizing the delivery of safe and equitable care.
The Provincial Language Services provides translation services in more than 50 languages, including American Sign Language.
The translation is the rendering of written language. The messaging in the translated material (target language) matches the messaging of the original material (source language).
Professional translators are trained to convey all parts of the written message accurately without changing the content, meaning or tone, thus reducing errors and enhancing patient safety.
- We use only qualified translators to deliver accurately translated documents.
- We provide a comprehensive, full-scope translation service.
- We are an experienced, multilingual team with industry experience.
- We translate written content in more than 50 languages for print, web or video.
We produce accurately written documents and website translations. We ensure our products are culturally sensitive and linguistically appropriate.
- Translation and editing
- Revision and review of translated documents
- Consultation with bilingual content matter experts
- Multilingual page layout, graphic design and typesetting
- Page formatting
- Proofreading and copyediting
- Focus group testing of documents in the community, pre- and post-translation
- Voiceover, narration, subtitling and transcription of audio-visual media materials
- Website translation
Our seasoned project management team works with more than 50 language and multimedia experts, including:
- Professional translators
- Graphic designers
- Desktop publishing specialists
- Voice-over talents
- Subject-matter experts