At Provincial Health Services Authority, we want to ensure that we are continually investing in our greatest resources—our employees.
Businesses from across BC are offering support through perks and discounts to thank and support health care workers during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Workplace Experience team has received an outpouring of offers, and has also been curating a list of perks and discounts specific to health care staff.
Check back often as new perks will be added regularly.
Know of another perk for staff during COVID-19? Let us know at employee.experience(at)phsa(dot)ca.
****LIMITED TIME OFFER!****
New! Working from home does not have to hurt! Chairlines' Work from Home purchasing program is offering discounted ergonomic chairs. Clic here for more information.
Bombay Kitchen and Bar is offering 25% off for healthcare workers.
Cactus Club Café has "Healthcare Hero Combos" for $12.75. Follow the online instructions on their site and be sure to either arrive in uniform, or have your PHSA employee ID with you.
ClassPass is providing all PHSA employees with discounted rate to purchase their credits. Email employee.experience(at)phsa(dot)ca for more information.
Happy Singh Seva Kitchen @ Tondoori Flame in Delta is offering a free meal for frontline workers. See their site for information, and wear your uniform or show your ID.
Market Café located at the Park Inn & Suites at 898 West Broadway is offering 30% off for healthcare workers. Must present ID badge. Email employee.experience(at)phsa(dot)ca for more information.
Triple O's restaurants is now offering 15% off your entire order. Discount available for drive thru or walk-up ordering. Must be in uniform or present valid hospital ID to redeem.Underground Dance Centre
is offering a one-year-free membership for Healthcare worker. To reedem please click here
NEW! Zoo of Vancouver is giving free entry to
Healthcare workers. Visit their webpage for more information.
In addition to living out your values by working towards the best possible care for our patients, we hope to make your employment experience with us the best it can be with employee "perks" that contribute to a balanced and enjoyable lifestyle for you and your family.
Find out about some of our perks below, and be sure to visit often; NEW perks are added regularly.
* To view much of this linked content, you must be on a PHSA-networked computer. If you do not have access to a PHSA-networked computer, please contact us at employeerecognition(at)phsa.ca and we will assist you. We are working to put links on the public site as quickly as possible for those who are currently working remotely.
We appreciate that due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, many of these businesses and attractions are currently limited.
On-site fitness classes are available at select PHSA locations, including Zumba, yoga, boot camps, and belly dancing.
NEW! TruLocal offers over 80 different meat products while supporting local farms. Email employee.experience(at)phsa(dot)ca for more information.
- PHSA Employees can now enjoy discounted rates on Shaw Mobi bike subscriptions.
- Pepper Lunch on 2323 Cambie is offering our employees a free miso soup and a pop with the purchase of a meal. You only need to show your PHSA ID.
- PHSA staff SAVE 10% on any of the Canine or Feline recipes from Earth Options: nutritious, earth-friendly, pet food recipes.
- Fresh Prep is a local organization that delivers delicious food recipes to your doorstep. Sign in to receive 3 free meals (equivalent to $33 off) in your first order and in turn, Fresh Prep will donate $5 CAD to one of our foundations of your choosing!
Donate to BCCDC Foundation for Public Health
Donate to BC Cancer Foundation
Donate to BC Children's Foundation
Donate to BC Women's Foundation
Donate to BC Mental Health Foundation
Social, environmental + entertainment benefits
New! Evo is offering once again an exclusive discount for PHSA employees. Contact employee.experience(at)phsa(dot)ca for more information.
New! In appreciation to PHSA staff. Langley Hyundai is offering an exclusive 3% over invoice. Click here to learn more about the offer.
Exclusive discounts on condo rentals in Whistler through the 48-Hour Club.
The Okanagan's Sparkling Hill Resort is offering PHSA employees 40% off the Standard Room rate. Blackout dates.
Black Rock resort is offering PHSA staff 10-20% off their rates. Contact employee.experience(at)phsa(dot)ca for more information.
Contiki is offering $150 dollars off your next travel adventure!
UPDATED! PHSA Broadway Across Canada Group Ticket offering. Broadway Across Canada™ is the foremost presenter of first-class touring productions in North America, operating in 38 markets. 2020/2021 season: Chicago, Jesus Christ Superstar, Anastasia, Come From Away. Contact employee.experience(at)phsa(dot)ca for the promo code.
SpringTide Whale Watching offers PHSA employees $20 off their adult rate. They offer 3-hour whale watching tours, departing daily from Downtown Victoria. Contact employee.experience(at)phsa(dot)ca for the promo code if you do not have access to POD.
- As a PHSA employee, you are entitled to receive a 25% discount on your first month storage rental at any of the Maple Leaf Self Storage locations in BC. If you do not currently have access to POD, please email employee.experience(at)phsa(dot)ca for the contact information.
UPDATED! The PNE Group Sales Online Ticket Program offers discount tickets to select PNE events including Playland, the Fair at the PNE, Fright Nights, Harvestland, Bright Nights, Vancouver Giants, and more! Please email employee.experience(at)phsa(dot)ca for the code information.
- NEW! Grouse Mountain is now offering 15% for all passes to all PHSA employees. You can redeem by purchasing online and adding the promo code 'phsa' at the end of your purchase.
Updated! PHSA employees and their family can now access premium home insurance products from iQ Insurance Services. iQ's experienced brokers will work with you directly to ensure you get the right insurance for your individual needs including all your entitled discounts and savings. We offer home, auto, tenant's and business. For every home insured from a PHSA employee, iQ will donate $50.00 towards the associating foundations. Click here to learn more or call 1.844.467.4747.
Updated! PHSA employees and their family can now access customized Life and Health Insurance Products. Brinco Financial Inc. offers Term Life, Critical Illness, Disability, and Permanent Life Insurance. All individual discounts and savings are built into each personalized policy. The Brinco Advantage is fast, easy and convenient. To learn more call us at 604-714-1415.
- EMC Mortgage Discount Program, get discounted mortgage rates, reduced monthly payments, lines of credit, debt consolidation, and financial advising. For every mortgage funded, EMC Mortgages will make a donation towards a PHSA Foundation!
- We are pleased to offer the Endless Savings & More (ESM). It offers discounts on your smart phone for PHSA employees. Download a PHSA version of the ESM App to save hundreds per year from a variety of businesses including national chain retailers, service and travel providers. For complete details, click here. You can easily sign up for the program by www.ESMobileApp.com and tap on “Start Saving Now” and enter Organization Code, available on POD or by emailing employee.experience(at)phsa(dot)ca.
Technology + computer perks
Apple is offering preferred pricing on select products for personal use (discounts between 2% and 17% depending on the product).
PHSA Employees can now enjoy discounts on PC's and accessories through Dell's Member Purchase Program.
You can receive a discounted rate on personal phones and plans with Telus (updated!) and Rogers (updated!).
Esourceparts is offering a
flat discount of 5% on cell phone accessories to all the PHSA Employees. Email employee.experience(at)phsa(dot)ca for the program code if you are not able to access POD
The Microsoft Home Use Program has changed and moved to Office 365 Subscription. You can get a discount on the yearly subscription fee only now. You may check your discount at http://microsofthup.com/ by entering your work email address. Email employee.experience(at)phsa(dot)ca for the program code if you are not able to access POD.
Note: While we have curated this list of perks and have vetted many of these "perks" providers, PHSA is not responsible for individual experiences you may have.