Applications are now open. If you have already applied and have supplemental documents you wish to add to your application please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you always dreamed of a career, specializing in paediatrics, child & adolescent mental health, perinatal or oncology nursing? Then work and learn with us by applying to be part of the Employed Student Nurse Program at BC Children's Hospital, BC Women's Hospital or BC Cancer Agency!
PHSA is committed to career pathways and investing in its people. As an Employed Student Nurse working at BC Children's Hospital, BC Women's Hospital or BC Cancer Agency in specialized pediatric, child and adolescent mental health, perinatal or oncology care settings, you will consolidate your nursing skills and gain valuable practice working as a member of an interdisciplinary health care team. This hands-on experience will prepare you for a career as a Nursing Specialist in either pediatric, child and adolescent mental health, perinatal or oncology nursing and you may be able to use this experience as a stepping stone to acquiring a preceptorship at BCCH, BCWH or BCCA as part of your fourth year.
Our Employed Student Nurse (ESN) program provides a nursing employment opportunity to work in a clinical setting of up to 350 hours of hands-on experience with pay. These hours will help you consolidate your theory and clinical skills, build on your nursing practice and participate as a team member. In many cases, you can also apply your earned seniority towards your first RN/RPN job with us.
You qualify to apply if you:
- Are continually enrolled full time in a recognized registered nursing program in British Columbia
- Are planning to specialize in paediatrics, child and adolescent mental health, perinatal or oncology nursing
- Have successfully completed your second or third year of nursing education towards your degree in Nursing and
- Have successfully completed your pediatric, mental health, perinatal or medical/surgical instructor-led rotation
- Are a student member of CRNBC or CRPNBC or eligible for membership
- Have certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support; and
- Meet the BCCH, BCWH or BCCA recruitment screening requirements.
Determine the agency/specialty that is your first choice. Download and complete the corresponding application form below.
Please note that you can only submit one application. If you submit more than one application form we will accept the first one we receive.
Download the Clinical Reference Form below for your instructor to complete to include in your application.
Alternatively, your instructor can complete this form and return in confidence to email@example.com by November 30th, 2017.
Download the ESN checklist below and complete to ensure you include all required supporting documents in your application.
Now you are ready to send your complete application to us. Include all documents below in one email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
with subject line “ESN 2018 – (last name, first name – agency)
- Application Form
- Clinical Reference Form
- ESN Checklist
- Supporting Documents (as indicated on the ESN checklist)
We are here to help - please contact us at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in PHSA. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.