Have you always dreamed of a career, specializing in pediatrics, perinatal or oncology nursing? Then work and learn with us and apply to be part of the Employed Student Nurse Program at BC Children's Hospital, BC Women's Hospital or BC Cancer Agency!
PHSA is committed to career pathways and investing in its people. As an Employed Student Nurse working at BC Children's Hospital, BC Women's Hospital or BC Cancer Agency in specialized pediatric, perinatal or oncology care settings, you will consolidate your nursing skills and gain valuable practice working as a member of an interdisciplinary health care team. This hands-on experience will prepare you for a career as a Nursing Specialist in either pediatric, perinatal or oncology nursing and you may be able to use this experience as a stepping stone to acquiring a preceptorship at BCCH, BCWH or BCCA as part of your fourth year.
Our Employed Student Nurse (ESN) program provides a nursing employment opportunity to work in a clinical setting of up to 350 hours of hands-on experience with pay. These hours will help you consolidate your theory and clinical skills, build on your nursing practice and participate as a team member. In many cases, you can also apply your earned seniority towards your first RN/RPN job with us.
You qualify to apply if you:
- Are continually enrolled full time in a recognized registered nursing program in British Columbia
- Are planning to specialize in pediatrics, perinatal or oncology nursing
- Have successfully completed your second or third year of nursing education towards your degree in Nursing and
- Have you successfully completed your pediatric, perinatal or medical/surgical instructor-led rotation
- Are a student member of CRNBC or eligible for membership
- Have certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support; and
- Meet the BCCH, BCWH or BCCA recruitment screening requirements.
Application process is now closed for the 2017 ESN intake. If you have already applied and have supplemental documents you wish to add to your application please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted in mid/late December for interviews scheduled for January / February of the new year.
Thank you for your interest in PHSA. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Due to the volume of applications received we cannot comment on the status of individual applications.