The research conducted across PHSA brings many benefits for British Columbia, including knowledge creation, recruitment and training opportunities, economic benefits, and improved health policies and outcomes.
The activities and accomplishments of our researchers, research staff members and trainees are published annually by PHSA. The Research Metrics Report 2015-16
provides data and tangible examples of outcomes for four key research metrics:
- Producing and Advancing Knowledge
- Building Research Capacity
- Achieving Economic Benefits & Innovation
- Advancing Health & Policy Benefits
Aggregated highlights from the report include:
- Nearly $160 million in funding awarded to PHSA researchers
- An increase in the number of researchers to 770
- An increase in the number of research publications (1,814) from last year's
- More than 58,450 participants enrolled in 519 active clinical trials across PHSA
In addition to the research metrics, PHSA is pleased to publish its third annual Practice Education Metrics Report 2015-16.This report demonstrates the significant role academic education plays in our hospital setting.