The research conducted across PHSA brings many benefits for British Columbia, including knowledge creation, recruitment and training opportunities, economic benefits, and improved health policies and outcomes.
The activities and accomplishments of our researchers, research staff members and trainees are published annually by PHSA. The Research Metrics Report for 2014-2015
provides data and tangible examples of outcomes for four key research metrics:
- Producing and Advancing Knowledge
- Building Research Capacity
- Achieving Economic Benefits & Innovation
- Advancing Health & Policy Benefits
Aggregated highlights from the report include:
- Over $131 million in funding awarded to PHSA researchers
- An increase in the number of researchers to 725
- A consistent number of research publications (1,232) as last year's
- More than 63,146 participants enrolled in 551 active clinical trials across PHSA
In addition to the research metrics, PHSA is pleased to publish its first annual Practice Education Metrics Report (2013-2014).This report demonstrates the significant role academic education plays in our hospital setting.