This training program aims to improve cultural safety for Indigenous people accessing health services.
The San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training program is a unique online, facilitated training program that:
- Increases knowledge of the history of Indigenous people in Canada
- Builds self-awareness of biases and assumptions
- Strengthens the skills of those who work both directly and indirectly with Indigenous people to ensure they have access to culturally safe care.
The overall goal is to improve the health and well-being of Indigenous people and close the health gap between Indigenous and non-Indigenous British Columbians.
Core Indigenous Cultural Safety (ICS) Health training is designed for health authority and Ministry of Health employees as well as other professionals working in the health care field.
The Core ICS Health training has been:
- Accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 16 Mainpro+ credits
- Designated as an accredited self-assessment program by the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada for up to 8.0 section 3 credits as defined by the maintenance of certification program
- Reviewed and approved by the UBC Division of Continuing Professional Development.