GoodSAM Instant.Help (GoodSAM) is a web-based video platform that enables secure, instant video and is approved for the delivery of virtual health across PHSA.
GoodSAM has been proven in health-care systems worldwide to improve workflows, including use by the general public (Linderoth et al, 2021).
GoodSAM has been proven to:
- Alter clinical decision making in respect to upgrading or downgrading of a clinical response
- Allow for quick implementation, enabling rapid access for participants
GoodSAM has three approved use cases for BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS):
- The GoodSAM interface requires a computer or mobile device with working camera and microphone.
- Patients and on-scene paramedics require working smartphones with functioning cameras.
- For providers: a mobile device with a camera, internet access and ability to receive SMS text messages.
- The GoodSAM platform is fully compliant with General Data Protection Regulation guidelines intended to protect personal data.
- Video consultations are recorded and searchable for Quality Improvement programs.
Quick reference guide (PDF)
BCEHS user manual (PDF)
For providers: Reference guide (PDF)
1Review GoodSAM ProMapp and clinical update
Review the two-page Practice Update:Introduction of GoodSAM video conferencing for Secondary Triage & Clinical Consults
to learn more.
2Email BC Emergency Health Services
Send an email to kathleen.pascuzzo@bcehs
for more information and GoodSAM guidelines.
3Get ready for GoodSAM
Do a practice call with BC Emergency Health Services by emailing kathleen.pascuzzo@bcehs or bradley.parlongo@bcehs.
4Get your live account
Email email@example.com to get an account set up.