The Office of Virtual Health is a service of Provincial Health Services Authority. PHSA Office of Virtual Health (OVH) was created in 2017, with an ambition of supporting clinical programs as they integrate virtual health into their services.
Virtual health is a patient-centred care model focused on connecting patients, families and providers, using technology to optimize wellness, specialty care and outcomes. It supports people to receive care and stay well by using digital innovation to connect them to care seamlessly, when and where they need it.
The OVH leads organization-wide planning and coordination (including policy and privacy), and facilitates transformation, including process redesign, change management, project management, education and reporting. All of this work is done collaboratively with clinical, operational and corporate partners (e.g. IMITS, privacy and procurement).
The OVH works closely with clinical programs and their patients to identify and explore their clinical needs and priorities.
In collaboration with the clinical program, their patients and operational leaders, the OVH will help determine if and what virtual health tools can address the clinical need.
The OVH then works directly with clinical teams to define and document clinical requirements for the virtual health tool, and provides guidance and support to clinical programs as they integrate virtual health into their services and transform the care they provide.
The Office of Virtual Health provides support and leadership in the following areas:
- Identification and investigation of clinical needs in areas the program wants to transform or improve
- Thought leadership in how a virtual health tool can support identified clinical needs
- Facilitation to define and document clinical requirements of a virtual health tool
- In collaboration with PHSA IMITS, identification and recommendation of a virtual health tool to support the clinical needs and requirements
- Support to ensure the virtual health tool is enabled, including working with our IMITS, privacy, risk and procurement departments
- Project and change management support, tools and coaching
- Clinical workflow re-design
- Virtual health education and practice support
How can I contact the Office of Virtual Health?
You can find our social media posts on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram by searching the hashtag #OfficeofVirtualHealth.