Here you can explore information on Comprehensive Review (also known as Performance Management).
Medical Staff Rules discuss about comprehensive review:
In circumstances where serious concerns arise from the medical staff member’s in-depth review, the Senior Medical Administrator will be informed, and a decision will be made in conjunction with the Department Head to undertake a comprehensive review by a Review Committee consisting of :
- Department Head or delegate of the member’s Department, or if several departments are collaborating, a Department Head from another Department;
- A medical staff member from the Department of the member being reviewed;
- A member of the hospital team with whom the member works regularly.
- The Comprehensive Review Committee will undertake a further in-depth review, which will include all criteria outlined in item 2.3.2 d. i) and ii).
- The Comprehensive Review Committee will report to the Department Head/Program Medical Director/Professional Practice Leader and the Senior Medical Administrator on the results of the In-Depth Review in accordance with the Medical Staff Bylaws Article 4.5 and 4.6, and will provide recommendations on the requirements for corrective action.
- The MAC and subsequently the Board of Directors will be informed of the results of the comprehensive review of Medical Staff members.