Here you can explore information on Comprehensive Review (also known as Performance Management).
Excerpt from the PHSA Medical Staff Rules regarding comprehensive reviews:
a. In circumstances where serious concerns arise from the Medical Staff member’s in-depth
review, the Senior Site Medical Administrator (or delegate), Senior Medical Administrator (or delegate), and in the case of the Nurse Practitioners, the Senior Nursing Administrator, shall be informed, and a decision shall be made in consultation with the Department Head to undertake a comprehensive review by a Review Committee consisting of:
- Department Head or delegate of the member’s Department, or if several departments are collaborating, a Department Head from another Department;
- A medical staff member from the Department of the member being reviewed;
- A member of the hospital team with whom the member works regularly.
b. The Comprehensive Review Committee shall undertake a further in-depth review, which shall include all criteria outlined in item 2.3.2 d and f.
- The Comprehensive Review Committee shall report to the Department Head(s), the Senior Medical Administrator (or delegate) and Senior Nursing Administrator (if applicable) on the results of the in-depth review, in accordance with the Medical Staff Bylaws Articles 4.5 and 4.6, and shall provide written recommendations to the Department Head regarding requirements for corrective action.
- After the in-depth review, the LMAC, the HAMAC and PHSA Board shall be notified in writing of recommendations requiring action.