Leadership training is an important aspect of the BC Health Care system. Courses offered by the CMA’s Physician Leadership Institute (PLI) can help you become a more effective Medical Leader.
AHS has partnered with PMI to offer our Medical Staff specially designed leadership development opportunities.
Scholarships are available to specialist physicians and general practitioners who successfully complete leadership training activities nominated by PHSA.
You qualify for funding if you meet any of the following criteria:
- If you are a specialist physician who is certified by or a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- If you are a General Practitioner, with or without specialized training.
- You may be expected to participate in a scholarship program evaluation.
The scholarship funding is for the successful completion of training for leadership activities such as participation in system redesign, and Lean processes.
- Your time and compensation for attending training is excluded from funding.
PHSA must endorse your application prior to the final approval of the sub-committee.
- The maximum program funding of each committee is $250,000.
- You can receive up to $10,000 to cover tuition fees and the lowest reasonable cost of travel. You will be required to submit your receipts for reimbursement.
Submit completed application form
to the Vice President of Medicine for endorsement. Endorsed applications will be submitted to the sub-committee for funding approval.