Feminizing surgeries are gender-affirming surgical procedures that create physical characteristics reflective of one's gender identity or gender expression.
- Breast construction (breast augmentation) is a gender-affirming, feminizing, upper body surgery that creates or enlarges one's breasts.
- Orchiectomy is a gender affirming lower body surgery that removes of the gonads( testes) and spermatic cord. It can be done with or without scrotectomy (removal of scrotal sac).
- Vaginoplasty is a gender-affirming, feminizing, lower body surgery that creates a vagina and vulva (including a mons, labia, clitoris and urethral opening) and removes and inverts the erectile tissue (penis), gonads (testes) and external genital (scrotal sac).
- Vulvoplasty is a gender-affirming, lower body surgery that creates the vulva (including mons, labia, clitoris, and urethral opening) and removal of penis, scrotum, and testes.
You may want to consider other feminizing surgeries; however, at this time, these are not currently funded by BC MSP. These surgeries include:
- Facial feminizing procedures (such as reduction of the Adam's apple, nose feminization, facial bone reduction, face lifts, rejuvenation of the eyelid)
- Hair reconstruction or restoration
- Liposuction or lipofilling
- Vocal feminization surgery