Below are resources available to anyone interested in learning basics about gender diversity and creating welcoming services.
- Intro to gender diversity - designed for employees, contractors, volunteers, and students who have limited-to-no interactions with clients, and for those with previous experience who are seeking an intro-level refresher course.
- Intro to gender diversity - expanded - designed for care providers, care teams, and staff who engage directly with clients, patients, and their families.
- Education links for creating welcoming and gender-affirming services - a PDF providing quick links to resources. Useful for sharing with your team and colleagues.
- Gender inclusive language - general - a handout that offers some simple terms and phrases you can use when you don't already know what words, terms, names, and pronouns a person uses when speaking about their families and themselves.
- Making mistakes and correcting them - a tip sheet to help us correct mistakes and move on, including when we may use the wrong word, term, name, or pronoun.
- 20 care strategies - strategies for increasing access to gender-affirming care for gender diverse clients. 10 strategies focus on what staff teams can do; 10 strategies focus on what you as an individual can do.
- Exploring gender diversity (a gender diagram) - one visual framework for discussing gender diversity. It uses terms commonly known by gender diverse communities, within British Columbia.
- Organizational assessment tool - practical strategies for organizations interested in developing approaches to offering accessible care for gender diverse people.
- Service provider reflection tool - a tool for service providers and support staff interested in learning opportunities that explore their knowledge and attitudes towards gender diversity, along with their personal approach to supporting trans, non-binary, and gender diverse Two-Spirit individuals.
- Gender-affirming patient care in a hospital setting - a tip sheet to help your patients have safer experiences in hospital and clinical seetings.
- Trans Rights BC website - an online guide that explores the legal rights of gender diverse people in British Columbia.
We believe your feedback is one of the best ways to improve our educational resources. Therefore, if you have any questions, comments, or suggested revisions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.