Trans Care BC provides a limited number of in-person trainings available to the following groups:
- Senior leadership teams in governments, health, and human services agencies that are able to directly affect system change.
- Primary care teams (physicians, nurse practitioners, and specialists) who can directly increase access to advanced gender-affirming medical care for their clients.
If your service, program, or group fits within one of the categories above, you can request an in-person training by filling out our Education Training Request Form and submitting it to the email address listed.
Due to limited capacity, the Trans Care BC education team is not available to provide 'Trans 101' in-person trans cultural safety trainings. For this type of training, we recommend one of the following options:
- Seek out gender diverse community members, educators, and clinical educators in your region who provide these trainings.
- If you are not aware of experienced educators in your region, contact our Care Coordination Team for recommendations.
- Consider one of our online trainings on our Trans Intro Page.
The Trans Care BC education team recognizes the importance of region-specific training and knowledge, and will continue to work within our means to support this critical work being done by regional health authorities, non-profits, and individuals providing these trainings in their areas of the province.
If you are interested in an in-person trans cultural safety training in your region and do not know who to contact, please feel free to Contact Us and we can help you connect with options that may be available for your region.