PHSA recognizes that some essential healthcare workers may be seeking temporary accommodation to self-isolate from families and roommates as they continue to perform their jobs.
All health authorities, under the direction of the Ministry of Health, have collaborated and set up a Temporary Staff Accommodation (TSA) policy that is in effect during the COVID declared provincial state of emergency. This policy is to support health care workers who are working in active COVID patient care; and/or staff who do not provide patient care but are assigned to a key COVID response role.
- Health care workers - exposed and can't go home due to compromised family members and/or don't have the capability to self-isolate
- Health care workers - exposed and do not want to go home as they do not want to risk exposure to family
- Health care workers - not knowingly exposed but do not want to go home due to potential exposure to compromised family members
- Health care workers - not knowingly exposed but do not want to go home due to potential exposure to family members
- Health care workers who are working extended shifts and there are safety risks for travelling home
- Health care workers unable to secure transportation to/from work
- Redeployed health care workers - healthy
- Redeployed health care workers - exposed/sick
*Definition of health care worker: All health care providers, health service providers, support staff working within ancillary services within a health care, mental health, or addictions treatment setting, and paramedics.
Once you have submitted this application form, your information will be saved in our database and you do not need to resubmit this form for subsequent TEPA requests.
If the above eligibility criteria do not apply
to you but you would still like to access temporary accommodation, please consider our Self Paid Temporary Staff Accommodation Program
, which provides a list of hotels and apartments, offering a range of options which you can access at a significant PHSA discount during the COVID response. Current details for our Self Paid TSA Program are available here: Self-Paid Temporary Accommodation Options for Essential Healthcare Workers