Comprised of key research and IT representatives, the Working Group was created to identify, clarify, and resolve issues relating to information technology that impact PHSA’s academic health science mandate for research.
The PHSA Research IT Working Group (RITWG) is composed representatives from research IT, research administration, IMITS, and BCCSS and acts as a joint forum for identifying, clarifying, and resolving issues relating to information technology (IT) which impact PHSA’s academic health science mandate for research.
The PHSA RITWG provides a forum to proactively address the IT needs of researchers and foster a collaborative approach of issue resolution. In this effort, the working group will focus its work on immediate and urgent matters relating to IT which impact researchers, identifying and prioritizing already existing key IT issues/problems and look towards opportunities and solutions to resolve these issues. Issues may relate to the following areas:
- Network interconnectivity to ensure researchers can access PHSA-related information and PHSA-based business systems from their networks;
- Authentication and authorization between research networks and the PHSA network;
- Communications initiatives that rely on PHSA network distribution lists or PHSA network access;
- Clarification on the ongoing relationship with Support Services, such as BCCSS; and
- Troubleshooting immediate issues that may overlap with above categories.
The PHSA RITWG also offers subject matter expertise to support broader discussions with partner institutions with regards to IT.