In the community
Help shape the future of provincial medical Sign language interpreting services in B.C.
Apply for a seat on our provincial Community Advisory Group (CAG).
We heard your input: developing an efficient and successful model for the delivery of a provincial medical Sign language interpreting service begins with input from the community it is meant to serve. To make that happen, we now need your help! We need your insights and suggestions to ensure that our future services are informed by patients, family members and caregivers' experiences.
What does a CAG member do?
As a community advisor you will provide input on:
- a provincial model of medical Sign language interpreting services;
- service coordinator job description competencies;
- service components to be included in the Request for Proposal for provincial medical Sign language interpreting services;
- and other components that will help ensure appropriate access for the community.
Who should apply?
We are looking for people with a passion for service improvement, familiarity with community engagement and lived experience or knowledge in medical Sign language interpreting services. We are seeking members who represent the Deaf, Deaf- blind and Hard of Hearing community and will consider demographic and regional diversity in our selection process.
Sounds interesting? Apply now!
An Expression of Interest can be submitted by interested community member:
1. via an online application form- Please see here
2. by email at: email@example.com (addressing all questions in the application); or
3. by a vlog submission at: firstname.lastname@example.org (addressing all questions in the application).
Expression Of Interest Community Advisory Group.pdf
The deadline for submission is July 14, 2019.