How we help
We conduct outreach throughout the province and liaise with all health authorities and their contracted agencies, including First Nations Health. MRT liaisons have been assigned to cover each health authority and community agencies throughout the province.
The team responds to all areas of the province experiencing direct impacts related to the provincial overdose health emergency. Established relationships and partnerships have led to ongoing and standing scheduled opportunities for outreach and support.
We provide immediate, short-term psychosocial support to:
- Build skills and capacity.
- Promote individual and agency resiliency.
- Create space to deal with grief and loss.
- Offer supportive strategies for living with and responding to trauma.
- Encourage helping communities recover and adapt through accountability and action.
We also deliver critical incident stress management models to develop peer to peer support programs, tools and resources.
All support services are confidential.