If you are interested in volunteering with the Disaster Psychosocial Services Program and are part of one of the registries listed below, please submit an application online. Please note that volunteers are screened to ensure they have the necessary credentials.
The Disaster Psychosocial Services volunteer network is comprised of registered professional and paraprofessionals from:
- BC Association of Social Workers
- BC Psychological Association
- BC Association of Clinical Counselors
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Police Victim Services of BC
- Canadian Association for Spiritual Care
DPS volunteers are managed by the provincial lead, DPS Program and the DPS Council of Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). The DPS Council has representatives from each of the above professional groups, as well as the Canadian Red Cross, The Salvation Army, and Emergency Social Services.