On July 11, phase 2 of the BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre Urgent Care Centre (UCC) project was completed and the doors to this bright and modern space were open to patients.
Some features of the new UCC are:
- 10 large private single-patient rooms with designated space for a family member or support person
- Private patient washrooms
- Redesigned clinical and patient areas to improve line-of-sight and flow of patients and care providers
- Large team care centre and private providers area to ensure inter-professional consults and interdisciplinary work
- Improved hospital entry and wayfinding
- Improved infection control with dedicated infection isolation rooms
Five of the new rooms became available on July 11, with the remaining rooms becoming operational by mid-fall as part of the final phase of the renovations. A new elevator and hallway dedicated to women and care providers will be available later this year and will ensure a direct transfer to the appropriate area of care in the new Teck Acute Care Centre.