Phase 1 (Complete)
- Providing three new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) beds
- Constructing the new Clinical Support Building
- Relocating programs to renovated spaces in the Ambulatory Care Building, Shaughnessy Building or new Clinical Support Building
- Relocating some programs and office space to leased premises off-site
- Providing additional space for the UBC Faculty of Medicine
- Constructing new Djavad Mowafaghian Child Care Centre
Nearly 140 programs and services were moved to accommodate the Teck Acute Care Centre construction. All outpatient clinics, such as Plastic Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics and others were relocated to newly designed spaces.