Virtual Health Competency Framework
Informed by evidence and clinical expertise, with input from patient and family partners, the framework is organized into 4 domains, and the 15 competency statements are accompanied by learning objectives and key supporting resources:
- Domain 1: Virtual health practice requirements
- Domain 2: Technology for virtual health
- Domain 3: Equity-oriented care for virtual health
- Domain 4: Delivery of virtual health
OVH recognizes that health-care providers at PHSA may have varying levels of pre-existing virtual health competencies and exposure to virtual health technology. The foundational competencies included in this framework should consistently apply to health-care provider's clinical practice and can be used by:
- Both novice and experienced virtual health users as a baseline assessment and self-reflective practice tool
- Experienced virtual health users to inform on leading practices
PHSA staff who have access to POD can read this article on how patient and family partners helped shape the competency framework.
OVH practice and education will be hosting education sessions in the summer and autumn to discuss how this resource can support your practice at an individual, program, or population level.
We are thankful for efforts of our Patient and Family Partners to inform the content of the Competency Framework.