The Home Health Monitoring (HHM) platform uses remote patient monitoring technology to monitor a patient’s health, and shares the information electronically with health care teams.
Monitoring and tracking patients vital signs or symptoms on a regular basis, remotely.
- Patient’s email address to set up account: access on web browser only (app download coming soon)
- Patient Tablet delivery across BC with remote installation support if patient does not have access to a device or to the internet (to promote equitable access)
- Health care team member needs account: access on web browser only
- Being able to keep track of patient vital signs and/or symptoms without having the patient come into the clinical setting. Ability to track these on a regular basis and look for trends and/or changes in status.
- Great for COVID patients, COVID contacts or patients with conditions in need of monitoring (eg. Monitoring chronic condition or monitoring acuity changes while on a surgical waiting list)
- Privacy review pending, Ministry of Health reviewing COVID-19 HHM
- Security review pending, PHSA reviewing COVID-19 HHM
- Cloud services required to manage large demands on system
- Privacy and Security elements with identified medium to low risks
- Accessible on health authorities sites only – pending amendment from Ministry of Health to enable access from anywhere and greater flexibility
- Technical support/trouble-shooting: Currently TELUS offers technical support to all users of the HHM system, the introduction of the BYOD models requires a new support model be developed. Working closely with providers to identify resources and build infrastructure to support technical components.
- Current monitoring protocols exist for COVID case and contact patients, heart failure, COPD, diabetes and palliative care. These, however, can be adapted and new ones can be built.
Please reach out to the Office of Virtual Health team if you are interested in remote patient monitoring, we will listen to what you are hoping to do and help you determine if HHM is a right fit. We will also work with you to determine how to best use HHM, we will work with our vendor, build effective workflows and help you provide high quality care!