The HHM platform uses remote patient monitoring technology to monitor a patient’s health, specific to COVID-19, and shares the information electronically with health care teams.
Monitoring and tracking COVID-19 “contact” and “case” patients
- Monitoring Protocols: BC CDC COVID-19 daily monitoring questionnaire in major languages to be completed asynchronously on their own device
- Patient Access: Web-based Patient application accessible from patient’s own device (BYOD) through Chrome browser
- Patient Tablet delivery across BC with remote installation support if patient does not have access to a device or to the internet (to promote equitable access)
- Clinician Access: Web-based Clinician Dashboard to monitor and track patients accessed from any HA-approved hardware and across clinical pathways
- Patient’s email address to set up account access on web browser only (no app download)
- Health care team member needs account access on web browser only
- Monitoring of COVID-19 contact and case patients in your health authority
- Daily questionnaire for patients to answer and provide health status
- Privacy review pending, Ministry of Health reviewing COVID-19 HHM
- Security review pending, PHSA reviewing COVID-19 HHM
- Cloud services required to manage large demands on system
- Privacy and Security elements with identified medium to low risks
- Accessible on health authorities sites only – pending amendment from MoH to enable access from anywhere and greater flexibility
- Technical support/trouble-shooting: Currently TELUS offers technical support to all users of the HHM system, the introduction of the BYOD models requires a new support model be developed. Working closely with providers to identify resources and build infrastructure to support technical components.
Note: Clinical workflow recommendations from TELUS for HHM are pending, and not available at this time. We hope to have this information for you shortly.