Signal is a cross-platform encrypted messaging service that uses the Internet to send one-to-one and group messages (files, voice, notes, images and/or videos).
When to use it
- For secure end-to-end encrypted messaging between providers
- Secure messaging solution for providers
- Group messaging between providers
- Allows secure file transfers (images, voice notes and videos) between providers (e.g. photos of wounds, lessons learnt in protocols, handing off of discharge)
- Quick consults regarding patient care
- Free and easy to use
- Mobile application
- Supported by iOS/Android devices (mobile)
- Video and voice capable
Privacy and Security
- Passed security and privacy reviews for mobile app; the desktop version has not been assessed by PHSA
Risk and limitation
- No technical support provided
Set up an account with Signal through your mobile device.
Enable Signal to access your contacts list and send you notifications so you can see which providers you are connected with already have Signal.