SRFax is endorsed for the use of sending or receiving of faxes containing clinical information by PHSA under the emergency response due to COVID-19. Security and privacy reviews have been completed.
PHSA programs interested in using SRFax must
contact the Office of Virtual Health at OVHZoomSupport@phsa.ca
to get a licence. No other SRFax licensing is permitted.
- Unauthorized sharing of personal information through email or fax
- Unauthorized retention of personal information on personal devices/cloud storage solutions
- Delete emails sent through the SRFax solution from both the sent and trash folder of your mail application. This applies to generic/clinic department emails as well.
- If photos/scanned images of documents are accidentally stored on a mobile device or cloud storage, delete these immediately after sending the SRFax email.
Use a cover sheet for all faxes.
- This is a privacy breach, and a report should be submitted to the PHSA IAP office.
- This is in the event that a fax is misdirected, or the receiving fax machine is in a public location.
- Check that fax numbers in address books are accurate before sending.