This program will establish an integrated provincial solution to streamline the coordination of referrals, consults and diagnostic services, improve communication between providers and patients and reduce administrative burden.
- eReferrals: Enables digital referrals between primary care providers and specialized health service providers to improve care coordination.
- eConsults: Enables digitally request for clinical advice between providers and specialists without the need for a patient visit, speeding up care delivery.
- eOrders: Enables digital orders for health services (lab orders, prescriptions filled) to inform decision-making and care delivery.
Digital Referrals & Orders can also be accessed through integrated clinical systems or via a web portal.
It includes a Health Map tool, which searches for available care providers by estimated wait times, service type and clinic location.
Care providers will also be able to publish up-to-date forms on their clinic profile, so incoming requests include relevant information to triage and deliver informed care.
- Reduces reliance on fax and paper-based processes, which helps to prevent lost/misdirected referrals and data entry errors.
- Improves access to care by making it easier to search for clinics to locate and request a range of health services digitally.
- Streamlines data entry and improves clinical decision support using integrated forms and pre-appointment questionnaires.
- Increases transparency by enabling secure messaging, automated notifications and data sharing between care providers and patients.