At PHSA, you'll discover a culture of teamwork, and a life-changing career.
As one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations, PHSA provides vast opportunities for our teams to grow, develop, and make a difference - every single day. Whether providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, our people impact the lives of British Columbians today and into the future.
Walking through the hall of any of our clinical sites – including BC Cancer, BC Children's Hospital, BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services, BC Transplant, BC Centre for Disease Control, and many more – is enough for most of our people to know that what we are a part of is more than just a job. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible care for our patients and their families. That's why we're focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, and development programs to support you, both at work and at home.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary).
- Comprehensive benefits package and municipal pension plan.
- Some extended health benefits include massage, acupuncture, nutrition consultations, prescription eyewear, and more.
- PHSA offers significant employee discounts at over 380 gyms and health clubs across the province, including yoga, crossfit, fitness classes, barre, dance, spin, and more.
- On-site fitness is available at select PHSA locations, including Zumba, yoga, boot camps, and belly dancing.
- Commitment to wellness programs including Mindful Meditation Mondays and Wellness Wednesdays.
- PHSA offers access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs, both in-person and online.
- Our Indigenous Cultural Safety Training Program, San y'as, is available to our PHSA workforce at no cost.
- PHSA Leadership Academy: committed to igniting the passion for leadership at PHSA, our Academy will help you grow as a health care leader through formal leadership training, self-serve leadership resources, coaching and mentoring, and feedback and leadership assessments.
- Join our "green team" (Green+Leaders), and help make PHSA more environmentally friendly.
- Travel discount program to book car rentals and accommodations at a lower price.
- Group ticket price offerings for events such as musicals and plays like Wicked and Finding Neverland; activities such as whale watching, or seasonal events like Fright Nights, Harvestland, and Bright Nights.
- Technology and computer perks including discounted rates on personal phones and plans with TELUS or Rogers and preferred pricing on select Apple products for personal use.