We provide the opportunity to work your passion and have an impact on someone's life, every day.
Working at PHSA is about making a difference. It's about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first.
At PHSA, you'll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism and mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career.
Walking through the hall of any of our clinical sites is enough for most of our employees to know that what they are doing, what they are a part of, is more than just a job.
We provide the opportunity to have an impact and touch someone's life, every day.
No matter what you do at PHSA, your job helps transform lives. Whether you care for patients directly or indirectly, or support the organization’s mission in other ways, you’ll be helping families across BC through your work.
Our employees have passion and commitment.
Watch these videos
to hear it in their own words.
Benefits and perks
Our employee benefits begin with competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits packages that are some of the best in the country.
Health plans for each of our employee groups ensure our employees have a full range of coverage including:
- Extended Health
- Group Life Insurance
- Accidental Death
- Long-term Disability Coverage
- We provide an employer-supported pension plan, an employee and family assistance program and annual vacation leave for regular employees.
Visit our Health Promotion page
to see additional health and wellness services available to our employees.
At PHSA, we want to ensure that we are continually investing in our greatest resources: our employees. In addition to living out our values by working towards the best possible care for our patients, we hope to make your employment experience with us the best it can be with employee "perks" that contribute to a balanced and enjoyable lifestyle for you and your family.
Find out more about some of our perks below.
- Your extended health benefits include massage, acupuncture, and nutrition consultations.
- PHSA offers significant employee discounts at various gyms and health clubs across the province, including Yyoga, She's Fit!, and Steve Nash Fitness World.
- On-site fitness are available at select PHSA locations, including Zumba, yoga, boot camps, and belly dancing.
- You can earn a reward for referring talented friends, family, and colleagues outside the organization to jobs at PHSA.
- PHSA employees can join our very own "green team", the Green+Leaders, and make PHSA more environmentally friendly.
- Apple offers preferred pricing on select products for personal use.
- PHSA employees can purchase the entire Microsoft Office Suite for home use for about $11.
- You can receive a discounted rate on personal phones and plans with Telus or Rogers.
- PHSA offers a leadership training program for managers, Leadership LINX, that is specific to health care.
- The Indigenous Cultural Competency Program is available to all employees at no cost.
- There are over 500 online courses available for you to take.