Our number one value is “patients first.” PHSA is the only organization of its kind in Canada. Each of our agencies offers a unique culture, a strong leadership presence, in-depth mentorship programs, and an inspiring environment that will motivate you to excel every day.
Our agencies serve the entire province of British Columbia and are focused on the following specific populations with specialized care needs:
- Patients with cancer
- Patients with heart disease
- Patients with kidney disease
- Patients with mental health and addictions
- Patients requiring organ transplants
- Patients with a communicable disease
In addition, we have been given the mandate by the provincial government to collaborate with health care providers and other stakeholders to find province-wide solutions for other health concerns.
At PHSA, we are committed to creating an environment where:
- You can do your best every day.
- You can voice your ideas and solutions.
- You are listened to and your opinions matter.
- You feel respected.
- You know the work you do makes a difference.
- You feel engaged and empowered at work.
- You actively encourage others to join the PHSA.
We also empower employees to redesign their work processes to reduce waste and improve patient safety, quality and outcomes. We are working toward the kind of long-term cultural growth that will result in all our dedicated medical and non-medical personnel contributing to, seeking out and implementing better processes, which will continually drive out the waste and improve efficiency. Through these efforts, we are not only reducing costs, but we are building on our reputation of providing a higher quality of care for our patients.