- Phase 1: Expansion and relocation (2010-2014) (Complete)
- Phase 2: Teck Acute Care Centre (2014-2017)
- Phase 3: Renovation, relocation and expansion (2018-2019)
The project is currently in Phase 2: Teck Acute Care Centre.
Using a collaborative approach, we will achieve a never-before-seen standard of health care design and delivery in British Columbia. This means that by 2017, caregivers will be able to continue providing excellent care to the families, women and children of BC in a brand new building.
As a province-wide referral centre, the new facility will be able to meet the growing demand and provide superior access to an interdisciplinary team as part of the overall health care treatment.
The Teck ACC will be an eight-storey facility, approximately 59,400 sq.metres (640,000 sq. feet) and will include:
- medical/surgical inpatient units;
- an emergency department;
- medical imaging and procedural suites;
- hematology/oncology department; and
- a pediatric intensive care unit for BC Children’s Hospital.
It also includes high-risk birthing and a new neonatal intensive care unit for BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre.
The C&W Redevelopment Project team and our partners at Affinity Partnerships are busy finalizing design details and preparing for the construction of the new Teck ACC.
For concerns or issues related to construction, traffic or noise related to the Teck Acute Care Centre construction, contact:
For other information inquiries about the the project, contact:
C&W Redevelopment Information Line
Call: 1-855-857-3897 (M-F, during regular business hours)