To win this award for the three consecutive years we had to demonstrate areas of growth and improvement where we as an organization have paid attention to what matters most to our employees. Here are some examples of how we’re raising the bar across the PHSA:
- We have invested in the growth and development of our employees through academic conferences, and workshop fees.
- Through the LearningHub, our online education portal, we provided more than 1000 in-house training programs.
- 38 new grads and experienced nurses were sponsored for the BC Women’s Perinatal Specialty Training Nursing Program over a three-year period.
- We negotiate countless ‘employee perks’, including discounts on personal cell phone plans, gym memberships, and Apple products.
- We support unique employee-led workplace initiatives such as the Health Promotion Initiative Fund and the Green Initiatives Fund.
“This award is truly a reflection of everyone’s own hard work, dedication and commitment, not only to our patients but also to each other,” said Arden Krystal, VP of Employee and Patient Experience. “As our most valuable asset, we strive to provide employees with tools and resources—including leadership development programs, mentorships, and e-learning tools -to help them learn and develop along their career path.”
Watch this short video to hear from Arden Krystal, VP of Patient and Employee Experience, and Judy Clark, Director of Talent Acquisition and Employee Experience to learn more about this award.
Congratulations again, and thank you for contributing to our workplace culture.