It is the ninth consecutive year that PHSA has been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers and we could not be more proud. As an organization that delivers specialized health care services across the vast geography of beautiful British Columbia, this designation holds a very special meaning to us.
The BC's Top Employers designation is part of the Canada's Top 100 Employers project, which recognizes Canada's best places to work. The project aims to identify the companies and organizations that lead their industries in attracting and retaining employees.
For those looking for a workplace where they can make a difference, PHSA offers many diverse opportunities across the province. Working with the province's five regional health authorities, the First Nations Health Authority and the BC Ministry of Health, PHSA plans and coordinates the delivery of specialized health care.
It does this through a network of agencies, services and programs, such as the BC Cancer Agency, BC Emergency Health Services, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services, the BC Centre for Disease Control, the BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre and the BC Children's Hospital, among many others.
In addition to offering opportunities in specialized health care, health research and behind-the-scenes support from corporate services professions across the province, we strive to provide our employees with the tools they need to succeed and bring their best to work while honouring a work-life balance:
- Workplace Health services, for everything from mental health checks, nutrition info, healthy recipes, counselling resources and more.
- Over 6,000 in-house clinical and non-clinical training programs, including more than 1,500 courses available on our online education site, LearningHub. In 2016, our online e-learning courses had a total of 24,162 participants.
- Unique employee-led programs promoting health and environmental sustainability, such as the Health Promotion Initiatives Fund and Green Initiatives Fund.
- Discounts on fitness memberships, cell phone plans and Apple products.
- On-site child care, subsidized parking and the option to telecommute where possible to promote work-life balance and flexibility.
- Mentorship opportunities throughout the organization at various levels. We believe that mentorship is a mutually beneficial relationship focused on sharing resources, expertise, values, skills, perspectives and proficiencies.
- Along with retirement planning assistance, PHSA employees can plan securely for the future with a defined benefit pension plan and phased-in work options to help ease the transition to retirement.
To discover a career where you can learn, grow and make a difference—in any corner of the province—visit phsa.ca/careers.