PHSA's people are truly a force for good.
This year's PHSA+ Award winners bring PHSA's values to life every day in their work and interactions with patients and colleagues. Their courage, compassion and commitment to innovation and collaboration make PHSA a great place to work and receive care. Here are the esteemed winners who were chosen by a committee of diverse employees from across our organization.
- "Dolly's compassion for patients and families helps create an atmosphere of trust and respect. She is a dynamic influencer who inspires change in others…her cheery and pleasurable personality makes all of us grateful to work with her."
"We have heard people speaking in awe of Elaine down the hallway after a meeting, only to have others join in recognizing that it must be her that we were talking about. She inspires confidence. She embodies the PHSA values whole heartedly."
- "Johnny has and continues to treat everyone with respect. He provides an environment in which everyone's opinions are appreciated, seeking expert advice when needed to determine the optimal solutions."
"Since Kyle has taken over, he has been on the ground, at our side and in our corner. He has promoted a higher standard of safety, allowed us to channel our concerns and has offered us an experienced perspective."
"Laurie's dedication to supporting women's health is unparalleled, and the province and PHSA is lucky to have a nursing professional with her skills, ability and commitment."
"Prab embodies and lives the PHSA values each and every day. She has a special combination of character and skills as a leader that is not often found in one individual… kind, caring, extremely professional and hard working with a great sense of humour."
"In less than a year of service in his current role with PHSA, Rennie has helped to shine on a light on the best of PHSA through visual storytelling in the form of videos and photos of our people that are moving, inspiring and sometimes hilariously funny!"
- "The team members do the work they do because they are passionate about the health and well-being of women, communities and of all those who serve them."
- "This team is outstanding at pursuing innovative strategies and collaboration opportunities while ensuring optimal program quality and safety."
- "Since its inception, the Oak Tree Clinic has provided care for women living with HIV along their entire life span. The team has delivered compassionate, non-judgmental, confidential, respectful, and professional, empowering care."
- "This team cares deeply about the work they've been tasked with…they have masterfully created a framework for Trans Care BC's education work to ensure that it is high impact and makes a maximal change."
- "The team works tirelessly in the background of patient care, and yet their innovative work is changing how we treat cancer and conduct research, directly leading to improvement in patient outcomes, and decreasing the burden of cancer."
Keep watching phsa.ca
for more in-depth profiles of all the winners in the coming weeks. Congratulations once again to all, and thank you for the positive impact you make on our patients, families, colleagues and our organization as a whole.