The Infection Prevention & Control (IPAC) team ensures a safe environment for patients throughout PHSA and its programs, departments and services. Our mission is to ensure the protection of patients, staff and visitors from preventable infections.
Our vision: Empowering everyone to prevent infections!
Our mission: To ensure the protection of patients, staff and visitors from preventable infections.
The IPAC team works collaboratively with other groups within PHSA, other health authorities, the Provincial Infection Control Network of BC (PICNet), and regional and national health services in supporting best practices to prevent and control infections at PHSA facilities. Activities include:
- Hand Hygiene Program
- Knowledge translation (education and research)
- Outbreak management
- Construction consultation
- Cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization consultation
- Quality improvement initiatives
- Policy and procedure development
Facility Hand Hygiene Rates